How to pay for a Trade Mark
Guidelines for how to pay for a Trade Mark.
Cash payments are not accepted at the Intellectual Property Office. Applicants may choose to utilize one of the following payment methods:
Methods of payment:
- Linx (Debit Card Only).
- Bank Manager’s Cheque made payable to “THE CONTROLLER, INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY OFFICE”.
- Cash at Treasury Building, Independence Square, Port of Spain. Please note that in order to make payments at the Treasury Building, the applicant must obtain a voucher first from the Cashier at the Intellectual Property Office before proceeding to the Treasury Building. The receipt from the Treasury Building must be presented to the Intellectual Property Office after payment of the fee at the Treasury Building.Online payment is now available for all industrial property services via our payment portal with iGovtt, namely:
1. Patents under the Patents Act Chap 82:76
2. Industrial Designs under the Industrial Designs Act Chap 82:77
3. Trade Marks under the Trade Marks Act No.8 of 2015
4. Geographical Indications under the Geographical Indications Act Chap 82:78
5. Integrated Circuits under the Layout-Designs (Topographies) of Integrated Circuits Act Chap 82:79
6. New Plant Varieties under the Protection for New Plant Varieties Act Chap 82:75